Featured AthletesJanuary 14, 2016
Get featured on SwinfordTriathlon.com as a ‘Featured Athlete’. If you’re a member (and if you’re not, JOIN!!!) send over your details for inclusion as a ‘Featured Athlete’. What we’re looking for are:
• Results of max 5 best events completed (ideally multi-sport)
• Best experience
• Worst experience
• Your best bit of kit
• A tip for beginners
If you would like to be included CONTACT US…
This is the page where we’ll list all of the featured athletes so far (see below):
Remember: Pain is temporary but results on the internet last forever:
A stalwart of the Connacht cycling, multi-sport & Adventure racing scene & now sponsored by 53DegreesNorth
2015 Winner Skibbereen Adventure race sport
2015 Winner FEAR Adventure race
2015 2nd in Moxi Adventure Race
2015 Winner Knockma duathlon.
Short fast reps always good.
Don’t forget the Rest days.
Long cycling 90k – you need to race it at threshold pace or you’ll blow on run.
If you want to get quicker on run do intervals of 1k – 1k fast 1k slow
No point hammering out 10k after 10k expecting to get quicker. Try to keep your 1k fast the same x5
2013 Humbert Challenge Triathlon, 2nd in over 45’s
2014 Humbert Challenge Triathlon, 1st Local Athlete & 2nd in over 45’s
2015 Humbert Challenge Triathlon, 2nd in Local Cup & 2nd in over 45’s
Have fun and enjoy the great friendships you make along the route.
2015 Humbert Challenge Triathlon, Fastest Local Athlete
2014 Humbert Challenge Triathlon, 3rd Fastest Local Athlete
2013 Connemarathon Half Marathon, Finisher 2013 & 2014
Westport Duathlon Finisher
Managed to pin my cycling jersey closed using the safety pins for the race numbers at The Humbert Challenge 2013, eventually got it over my head after ripping the jersey and many many expletives.
Do the first half of the race slower than you think you are capable of. You can always pick up the pace at the half way point if you have it left in the tank
- 1982 Tanners Hatch Triathlon, UK – 2nd in Age Group
- 1989 Avia Ironman Roth, Germany
- 1989 National UK Long Course Triathlon Championships
- 1990 Nice Internationale Triathlon, France
- 2014 3rd Relay Team (The Tri-Amigos) in Humbert Challenge Triathlon with Tsuyuko Yamanaka (swim) & Ann Marie Hogan (run)
Worst moment: Seriously lost in sea at Dunkirk Triathlon, made it to transition an hour after everyone else (still finished however (last))
Mark’s tip: Be proud of what you do and don’t beat yourself up over the things you don’t
- 2014 Olympic duathlon 40k cycle 10k run 1st age category
- 2010 Humbert Challenge Relay 6th best relay team
- 2015 Race2glory finisher
- 2014 Westport duathlon 2nd Swinford Tri sports finisher
Worst moment: Cramping up after cycle on my first Harlequin Castlebar duathlon
Martin’s tip: Keep calm..stay focused… never give up
* 2010 Humbert Half Iron Triathlon: Age Group winner
* 2012 Humbert Half Iron Triathlon: Age Group winner
* 2015 Tri an mhi Half Iron Triathlon – Age Group winner
* 2 x Gael Force Adventure Race Finisher
Worse moment: DNF’ing in ShadowMan Full Iron triathlon due to 2 punctures 🙁
Louis’ Tip: Work slowly on doable aims, believe in yourself and finish!