Cycle Speed work and beginners group starts Sat 25th March…March 20, 2017
Time-Trialists & Duathletes
Meet 9am Saturday 25th March & every Saturday at AppleGreen until further notice
What we’ll be doing is…
• Cycle as group and easy speed to start of Time-Trial Course (on N5 near Charlestown)
• Rider 1 – heads off on own and rides hard for 4 minutes & then takes 3 minutes rest (still riding but in easy gear)
• Rest of group then rides really slowly in easy gear
• Rider 2 – after 4 minutes rides hard for 4 minutes & then takes 3 minutes rest (still riding but in easy gear)
• Rider 3…
‘Hard’ isn’t sprinting. It’s the fastest pace you can sustain for 4 minutes.
You’ll need to bring a watch or bike computer to time 4 and 3 minutes.
Each person repeats this 5x
• Easy ride back to town
More or less a hard training session to get you fast within an hour.
• Anyone wanting to combine this with a run could return to amenity park (suggestions open) & go from there
Beginners wanting to get started should meet at same time and head out with the time-triallists group and undertake the Time Trial route as a group at a very easy steady pace.